Special Feature: Products Sally Recommends
Chinese Stir-Fried Salmon with Red & Green Peppers
1 pound salmon fillet, skinless
Marinade for salmon:
1 tablespoon cornstarch
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons pale dry sherry
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
4 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
3 tablespoons cooking oil
1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
1 green bell pepper, cut in strips
¼ teaspoon salt
4 slices ginger, shredded
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon black bean garlic sauce
Garnish: 1 green onion, shredded
To Prepare Ahead:
- Cut salmon into 1/2" x 2" pieces. Add marinade. Toss to coat well. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Combine seasoning sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok over high heat. Add bell peppers and ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir -fry for 1 minute. Remove to a plate.
- Wipe wok with paper towels. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in the wok over high heat. Add ginger, garlic, and salmon. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Add black bean garlic sauce.
- Return bell peppers to wok. Pour in seasoning sauce. Stir until thickened. Remove and serve.
© Dorothy Huang, 2004
As Houston, Texas’ renowned Chinese cooking teacher, Dorothy Huang (firstname.lastname@example.org) has taught thousands of people to embrace Chinese cooking in their homes. Her second cookbook, Chinese Cuisine, Made Simple, includes 160 mouth-watering recipes and beautiful color photographs.