Special Feature: Products Sally Recommends
Crabmeat fried rice
4 tablespoons cooking oil
½ cup diced red onion
8 ounces lump crabmeat
2 green onions, chopped
4 cups cooked rice, room temperature
2 cups Romaine lettuce, thinly shredded
1 Roma tomato, diced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Garnish: a whole cooked crab (steamed or boiled in water for 6 to 8 minutes)
1. Beat eggs lightly. Set aside.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok over high heat. Add red onion and crabmeat. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Remove to a plate.
3. Wipe wok with paper towels. Heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat. Add green onions and eggs, stir-fry for 20 seconds. Pour in cooked rice. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
4. Return red onion, crabmeat, lettuce, and tomato to the wok. Stir for 1 minute. Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix well.
5. Transfer the fried rice to a rectangular serving platter. Garnish with the cooked crab.
© Dorothy Huang, 2005
As a renowned Chinese culinary instructor, Dorothy Huang has taught thousands of people the art of Chinese cooking. Her beautiful cookbook, Chinese Cuisine Made Simple ($34.95), contains 160 mouth-watering recipes. The book’s simple instructions and delicious results have proven popular with both novice and seasoned cooks.