Special Feature: Products Sally Recommends
3 Easy Milk-Based Desserts You Need to Try
Not only are milk based desserts delicious, they're easy to make. Here are three recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth!
In today's world of fancy desserts, bread pudding may be a forgotten treat. However, we're working hard to alter that!
This wonderful bread pudding dish has everything you could desire in a dessert. You'll be in ecstasy after the first mouthful, crisp and sweet on the outside and loaded with gooey custard on the interior. As an added plus, this recipe allows you to use up both leftover milk and eggs.
If you're a dairy lover, you'll want to check out All Season Dairy for quality milk products. Meanwhile, let's jump into this vintage bread pudding recipe.
- 9 eggs
- 1/2 loaf French bread, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- Combine all ingredients (excluding French bread) in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix until everything is well combined.
- In a 9x13-inch baking pan, place the cubed French bread.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the top. Wrap foil around the dish.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-hours before serving.
- Bake for 1-hour at 350°F, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This dessert dish is ideal if you need to use up a large amount of milk. It serves a large batch of people.
You'll arrange bits of Cosmic brownies, whipped topping, and Bailey's Irish Cream on top of a couple of batches of instant chocolate pudding. It's the ideal drunken dessert for your favorite adult gathering. Of course, if you don't want to drink alcohol, leave the Bailey's out! Even so, the dessert will be irresistable.
- 2 (13.1oz.) Little Debbie's Cosmic Brownies containers (12 brownies)
- Baileys Irish Cream (1/2 cup)
- 3 packages of chocolate instant pudding mix (3.9oz.)
- 1 (12oz.) frozen whipped topping container, thawed
- 6 English toffee-flavored candy bars (1.4oz.) crushed
- Place brownies on a baking sheet.
- Using a fork, prick the tops of the brownies at 1-inch intervals; drizzle with Baileys.
- Prepare the pudding mix as directed on the container, eliminating the chilling step.
- In the bottom of a 3-quart trifle dish, crumble one-third of the brownies. Add one-third of the pudding, whipped topping, and crumbled candy bars to the top.
- Layer the remaining ingredients twice more, finishing with crushed candy bars. Allow 8 hours for chilling.
If you think dirt pie is something you only ate as a kid, you're wrong. Everyone will like this ultra-creamy, chocolatey, crispy treat. The homemade vanilla pudding is decadent yet simple to prepare. It's the ideal milk dessert for summer, but we'll be preparing it all year long.
- 1 box of Oreos (14.5oz.)
- 3 quarts of chilled milk
- 2 instant vanilla pudding mixes (3.4oz.)
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar (powdered)
- 2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
- Crush the entire box of Oreo cookies.
- Add the pudding mix and milk. Mix for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar for 3 minutes, until creamy.
- Add in the whipped topping.
- In a deep, 3-quart bowl, layer one-third of the Oreos and half of the mixture. Then, add in more Oreos, the remaining mixture, and top off with the remaining Oreos.
These three quick and easy desserts are an easy choice for a party or small get-together. Let us know below which one's your favorite!