Special Feature: Products Sally Recommends
4 quick recipes ready in under 15 minutes
Have you ever found yourself craving a hot, delicious, homemade meal after a long day, but you’re simply too tired to put in hours in the kitchen? If so, you are not alone.
Fortunately, it is possible to whip up an incredibly delicious meal in 15 minutes. If you are looking to skip the time-intensive meal today, then this recipe collection is perfect for you.
1. Garlic Butter Pork Chop Recipe
With this recipe you can enjoy flavorful, juicy and tender pork chops seared in a skillet. This meal is ready in just 15 minutes and it’s simple and straightforward to make.
Thyme (you can also opt for rosemary, sage, or parsley)
Choosing your pork - Bone-in or Boneless?
Both boneless and bone-in pork chops can work for this recipe. However, a bone-in rib chop is undeniably more flavorful and juicier. An extra reason to use bone-in pork chops is that they are cheaper. Ultimately, the choice of pork used for this recipe rests on your preferences.
- Season the pork chops with a generous amount of coarse salt and black pepper and set them aside.
- Preheat oil in a skillet over a medium-high flame. Add butter. Once the butter has melted, add 3 sprigs of thyme.
- Place your seasoned pork chops in the skillet and cook each side for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add minced garlic to the pork chops. Season the pork chops further with salt, black pepper and thyme.
- Allow your pork chops to cook in the garlic butter for 3-4 minutes. Keep turning them so they can absorb the flavors without burning.
And there you have it! You can serve your pork chops with a side of your choice. Some favorites include rice or pasta, mashed potatoes, or roasted potatoes.
2. Instant Pot Orange Chicken
Instant pressure cooker meals are a great option when you’re pressed for time. Using an instant pot, you can prepare this delicious orange chicken and indulge at home.
Diced Chicken breasts (you can also use chicken thighs)
- Place the chicken in an instant pot. Add barbeque sauce and soy sauce to the chicken and combine the ingredients well.
- Replace the instant pot lid and cook the chicken on a setting of high pressure for 5-8 minutes. Release the steam.
- Remove a quarter cup of the sauce from the instant pot. Add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to the sauce. Stir this mixture until the paste is uniform and then add it back to the instant pot.
- Set your pot to sauté to allow the sauce to thicken. Add the orange marmalade and garlic to the pot and keep stirring till the sauce thickens.
3. Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
This 15-minute beef and broccoli recipe guarantees you and your family a tasty, highly-flavored meal, with a healthy dose of vegetables. Pay special attention to the sauce as it will make or break your meal.
Ingredients for the stir fry:
Steak, thinly sliced
Ingredients for the sauce:
Brown sugar or honey
Beef broth (you can also use chicken or veggie stock)
Reduced sodium soy sauce
- Marinate the meat in a cornstarch and water paste for 3 minutes. This will tenderize the steak.
- Heat your oil of choice in a skillet. Add the beef to the skillet and allow it to cook for 5 minutes or until it starts to brown.
- While the beef is cooking, thoroughly mix all your ingredients for the sauce.
- Once the beef is cooked, remove it from the skillet and set it aside. Add the broccoli, garlic, onion, and bell peppers to the skillet and let them fry for 3 minutes. Add the beef back to the skillet.
- Pour your sauce into the pan and mix up all the ingredients. Allow the sauce to simmer for 3 minutes or until it thickens.
That’s all there is to this delicious recipe. This stir-fry can be served with a side of rice or noodles. Don’t forget to pick the right wine to complement your meal!
4. Angel Hair Shrimp Scampi
This dish is perfect for all pasta lovers, and it comes together in a quick 15 minutes.
Angel hair pasta (you can replace this with any other type of pasta)
Shrimp, peeled and deveined
Asparagus, chopped into quarters
- Boil water on the stove to be used in cooking pasta. Cook the pasta by following the directions on the box.
- As the pasta cooks, you can get started on the shrimp scampi. Heat a generous amount of butter in a skillet over a medium high flame.
- Once the butter is melted, add minced garlic, the shrimp, asparagus and a half a cup of cooking wine to the skillet. Season with salt and black pepper and cover the pot. Let everything cook for 3 minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Garnish the meal with fresh parsley and lemon ledges and enjoy.
With these 15-minute recipes, you can enjoy a hot homemade meal even when you’re busy. For the ultimate convenience, you can check out other quick meal kit recipes (including 10 minute recipes!) available from Gousto.