Special Feature: Products Sally Recommends
August, 2008 eNewsletter
- Cook Chinese Cuisine Like a Master Chef...
- Want to know the secrets to cooking awesome Chinese dishes, but do not know how? Chef T's new ebook and private site membership make it simple to go from zero to hero! "Authentic Chinese Cuisine" gives you 4 basic training modules and 56 classic Chinese recipes. Each recipe has its own demonstration video, to view or download. New recipes are added every month, and your ebook is updated accordingly. To get your copy and 12 months of upgrades for a Sally's Place special cost of $15.95 - Click here.
- Cookbook Giveaway
- Our weekly cookbook giveaway continues to be quite popular. Sign up here for our eNewsletter and you will automatically be entered in our cookbook drawings.
- La Cense Grass Fed Beef
- You are what you eat and what your beef eats too. La Cense Beef raised naturally, compassionately and humanely with no hormones, no pesticides, no antibiotics. Order Now and Get Free Shipping.
Sally's Cooking Class
- Dining in the Pacific Northwest
- Sally will be teaching a Dining in the Pacific Northwest cooking class at Great News! Cooking School in San Diego, California on Saturday, August 9th at 11:00 a.m. Recipes will include: Radicchio Salad with Blue Cheese & Peppered Hazelnuts; Spicy Crab Cakes with Red Pepper Coulis; Baked Halibut Stuffed with Smoked Salmon on a Bed of Spinach; Wild King Salmon with Macerated Cherries & Smoked Almond Beurre Noisette; Mixed Oregon Berries with Creamy Mascarpone Cheese. $49; 858-270-1582
- Chinese Recipes: Sally's Place contributor and cookbook author Dorothy Huang has added to her list of Chinese recipes: Pan-Fried Tofu with Sesame Dressing, Sesame Chicken (Return of the Phoenix), Shrimp in Endive Boats and Stir-Fried Beef with Broccoli.
- 2008 Fancy Food Show: Linda Gassenheimer's Favorite Finds covers the specialty and gourmet food industry from the recent New York City show at the Jacob Javits Center.
- Make Mine Chocolate by Stephanie Zonis showcases Brownies---An American Original. Stephanie researched brownies and gives us their history as well as a Brownie Mix for her Recipe of the Month.
Articles by It's Time for Wine columnists Sara & Monty Preiser...
- Hunting Down Some Killer Big Reds (and 1 Great White) showcases Provenance, Martin Estate, Quintessa and Varozza.
- Sterling Vineyards – The Sky is the Limit talks about one of the more spectacular places to visit in the Napa Valley.
- Trinchero Napa Valley, Toquade, Trinitas Cellars and Ballentine Vineyards are covered in If You Haven't Been To These Wineries Before...
- Sampling Valle d'Aosta's Sky-High Italian Cuisine: Toni Lydecker enjoys spectacular scenery, towns rich in history and charm, extensive hiking trails and parklands.
Traveling with Kids
- What's New at Family-Friendly Destinations by Elaine Sosa Labalme covers Walt Disney World, Kalahari Waterpark in Sandusky, Ohio, the Monterey Bay Aquarium in California and more.
- Get 4 Cook Books for $1 Each (with membership)
- The Good Cook® serves up the best books for every season. Dazzle dinners in your home like a celebrity chef! Make the latest recipes from the Food Network® stars in your kitchen. Click for Details
- Presidential Hot Sauce Update
- According to the latest polls from Dave's Gourmet, Presidential candidate Barack Obama has taken a huge lead over John McCain! When you buy a bottle of Presidential Hot Sauce, it is a vote for that candidate and the results are tracked on Dave's website. 60% of the voters polled at Dave's website have voted for Obama, while a mere 26% have voted for McCain! What a race! Remember – the profits of the Presidential Hot Sauce race go to fund cancer research, so everyone's a winner! Be sure to check out the results at the Dave's Election Website.
- 2008 marks the 25th anniversary season of the California endive production. The very first box was picked on Thanksgiving Day, 1983. During that first season 1600 boxes were packed. California Vegetable Specialties now annually produces over 1/2 million boxes of red and white endives, both conventional and organic.
- Need a new web design?
- lifeBLUE Media is a full service web design and development company based out of North Dallas. We focus on quality concepts that provide results and return on investment. Call us at 972-984-1899 to find out how we can help take your online business to the next level!
- Gourmet hot sauce, salsas, gift packs, bbq sauces, spicy gifts and gourmet baskets/collections at a great price. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and a down to earth sales experience. We look forward to serving your "fiery" needs.
- Dennen's Victorian Farmhouse in Mendocino, California
- See their new Great Big Wonderful Mendocino Suite... (800) 264-4723 www.victorianfarmhouse.com
- Split Bean Coffee
- is offering a 3 for the price of 1 on their World Famous Alfajores cookies. In addition, one dollar from each sale for the month of August will be donated to a Peruvian Orphanage run by the sisters of the "Asociación de Laicos del Buen Pastor" in Lima, Peru. This orphanage cares for abandoned children who are HIV Positive and are abandoned by their mothers at the doors of the orphanage. The orphanage also cares for a small population of Senior Citizens who have no place to live.
- Joshua Grindle Inn in Mendocino, California
- The next Wine Day Camp is August 16th. Aptly described as "a delectable excursion into the intricacies of wine and food", it's a ticket to a stimulating wine lover's weekend. Click here for details.
National Catfish Month; Peach Month; and National Picnic Month.
August 1: Raspberry Cream Pie Day (National)
August 2: Ice Cream Sandwich Day (National); Ice Cream Soda Day (National); Mustard Day (National)
August 3: Watermelon Day (National)
August 4: Champagne Day; Chocolate Chip Day (National)
August 6: Root Beer Float Day
August 8: Sneak Some Zucchini onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day
August 10: S'mores Day
August 14: Creamsicle Day (National); Marshmallow Toasting Day (National)
August 16: Bratwurst Festival
August 19: Potato Day; Soft Ice Cream Day (National)
August 21: Spumoni Ice Cream Day (National)
August 25: Banana Split Day (National)
August 26: Cherry Popsicle Day (National)
August 29: Chop Suey invented, 1896; More Herbs, Less Salt Day
August 30: Toasted Marshmallow Day (National)
August 31: Trail Mix Day (National)