Special Feature: Products Sally Recommends
explore top mbbs colleges in india and choose to be a doctor
India is one of the many countries where medical practices stand the test of time. But indeed, the idea of medical science keeps on changing from time to time. India is still able to maintain its position in this field and there are top-class MBBS colleges in India. India is rapidly closing the gap with regards to shortage of doctors and making efforts to achieve 1:1,000 citizen as per WHO (World Health Organization).
The latest reports of FICCI and IMS Health suggest, India has at least 18 per cent of the medical tourism market globally. Also, India’s medical tourism industry can end up 9 billion USD by 2020. The market can well be about 20 per cent of the global market. So, students want to pursue their degrees from top MBBS colleges in India. This stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.
Indian medical colleges possess some best features as India is able to produce very fine medical colleges and facilities which are able to build a good knowledge amongst aspiring doctors.
- All India Institute of Medical Science: AIIMS is one of the top class medical hubs of the country with several branches across the nation. It was established in 1956 and till then conducted research and study on 42 disciplines. Like all MBBS colleges in India, they have so many fields of study in doctorate like; MBBS, MD, MS, PhD, Nursing, Pharmacy etc. Students get admission on the basis of an exam conducted solely by the institute itself. It is one of the most popular institutions among medical aspirants of the country.
- Maulana Azad Medical College: This college was founded in 1958 and it has the capacity of graduating 495 students including graduates and postgraduates. It is combined with a hospital having 2800 beds. And it is also one of the most prestigious MBBS colleges in India. The admission in this college can happen through NEET exam conducted by NTA. It is the college which demands the highest score in the NEET examination.
- Christian Medical College, Vellore: This is another one of the finest medical colleges and many students will go there and achieve A grade education facilities. It was established in 1918 that means it is about a century old and thus it carries a heritage of education as this college has seen the changing nature of medical science in India. This has nearly 355 seats for new admissions which opens every year. NEET qualification is required to study there, and alumni are so talented, and they imposed a good knowledge into the students. Students can also study further here to attain a higher degree in MD and MS or PhD level studies.
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research at Puducherry: This college came into existence in 1964 and it is one of the oldest medical colleges opened in India. It has become the dream destination college for many students, and they have to have high scores to get into this college. Thus, it is one of the most sought after MBBS colleges in India. Again, NEET qualification is required to gain admission to this college.
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune: This college is situated in Mumbai after World War 2 and established in 1948. It is a top-class institution which requires a very high cutoff to get admission here. It is a government of India initiative. It has a total of 150 seats for MBBS aspirants.
- Lady Hardinge Medical College for women at New Delhi: It is accredited under the University of Delhi. This prestigious college came into existence in 1916. It is named after Lady Hardinge, wife of Baron Charles Hardinge. This college offers many courses in medical sciences like MBBS, MD, MS, DM, MCh, etc. It has 200 seats for MBBS courses and demands a good score in NEET exam. Admission to PG courses is done through NEET PG. Each year many students apply to this college which is among the best MBBS colleges in India.
- Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla: This is one of the top 10 MBBS colleges in India. The college opened in 1966, during the session of Prime Minister Indira Gandhi as she wanted to build a great medical system in India. This college is situated in Sanjauli, a place in the Shimla hill station. MBBS and many postgraduate studies are provided by this college.
- Goa Medical College, Panji: This is a very good platform for medical science and the Goa government is taking charge of this college. The admission to this college happens on the basis of NEET exam and lucky students get the chance to study there.
- Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Science: This college was established in 1960 with a great infrastructure and medical facilities provided to the patients as well as the scholars who come to study here. This is situated in Rohtak district of state Haryana. Though college demand a very high marks cut off in NEET exam, yet it is a dream institution for many students.
- Government Stanley Medical College: This is also one of the most ancient colleges for medical sciences with many graduate and post-graduate areas. It is situated in Chennai and established in 1938. In the course of its time, this college has to gain more reputation in terms of academics. The cut off required by this college is also very high and students need to put efforts to crack the code to get admission in here. This college concludes our search for the best MBBS colleges in India.
There are many private and government institutions in India which provide great medical knowledge to the aspiring doctors. There are overall 511 MBBS colleges in India for medical studies. And the number of students is overall around 50,000. The Indian government keeps increasing them to provide good medical facilities in India. In spite of that India is still lagging behind the WHO parameter of the suggested number of doctors.