Special Feature: Products Sally Recommends
3 Ideas For Healthy Spring Platters
Preparing a spring vegetable platter is easy. It's also known as a crudité platter, and it consists of fresh veggies arranged on a big platter. Most of the recipes don't need cooking or baking, that's why it's really easy to make. If you're thinking about veggie tray recipes to make for dinner with friends or family, here are three healthy recipe ideas to recreate:
1. Delicious Spring Vegetable Platter
Are you thinking about what vegetable crudités to serve at your dinner party? You can go easy on gluten-free and vegan options with wine, cheese pairings, and dip. For this spring veggie platter, make sure to choose fresh spring produce with vibrant colors to make it more appetizing. Here's a quick guide on how to make your party's veggie platter:
- Gather up all of your ingredients and make sure nothing goes missing. Prepare the needed elements for pesto, dip, and your veggies.
- To make the spinach hemp seed pesto, add the garlic cloves, hemp seeds, chopped spinach leaves, olive oil, and freshly squeezed lemon juice into a food processor. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste and remix it. Scoop out the pesto into a bowl or jar and chill it until it's ready to use.
- You can use the same food processor for the next step. There's no need to rinse it after making the pesto. Toss in the cannellini beans, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and water. Puree until the mixture is creamy. Blend in the dill until all ingredients are incorporated. Chill it with the pesto until ready to use.
Now it's time to assemble the tasty vegetable platter. You can choose among seasonal veggies, cheeses, nuts, and dried fruits. Take the salsa and dip it out from the chiller. Serve with your favorite wine.
2. Burrata Crostini And Spring Veggie Platter
The burrata crostini and spring veggie platter are your food of choice if you love roasted vegetables. As spring comes your way, healthy and tasty dishes are perfect for every meal. You can make it in just 30 minutes. Here's your guide in making your platter at home:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. As you wait for it, gather up all the necessary ingredients to make your platter.
- Place your peeled and sliced carrots on a baking sheet. Go ahead and add balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Add a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste. Roast the carrots for 10 minutes. Turn them on the other side and roast for another 10 minutes when the timer's done. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- On a separate baking sheet, toss in the asparagus together with olive oil, salt, and pepper.Roast the asparagus for 8-10 minutes until crisp-tender. Set aside along with the roasted carrots.
- Put the oven setting to broil. Place 1/2" slices of ciabatta bread on another baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. It'll take 1-2 minutes to toast the bread and flip. Do the same steps for the other size. Remove from the oven and rub with garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange your roasted vegetables, prosciutto, and burrata on a large platter or wooden board. Add some balsamic vinegar and olive oil to the burrata. Serve with roasted ciabatta bread.
3. Hummus And Spring Vegetable Platter
Preparing a platter of hummus and spring vegetables is a good idea. This recipe is a must try, whether it's for a special occasion or an intimate family dinner. Recreate your version by following these steps:
- To make your hummus, add the white beans, chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and aquafaba in a food processor. Season with salt and cumin. Blend everything until smooth and creamy. If you think the hummus is too thick in consistency, add a tablespoon of aquafaba and olive oil to thin it out slightly.
- You can adjust the taste according to your preference. Add more salt and pepper.
- Scoop the hummus into a bowl and top with lemon juice, olive oil, and parsley. Arrange your vegetables and naan on a platter and serve with your homemade hummus.
Now it’s time for you to enjoy your veggie platter.
The delicious spring vegetable platter alone and the ones made with burrata crostini and hummus, are just a few among many ideas for healthy spring platters you can prepare at home. They’re very easy to make, and you can serve them at any time of the day. Enjoy these recipes with a glass of wine and a variety of cheese to make the experience perfect.