Special Feature: Products Sally Recommends
July, 2007 eNewsletter
Sally's Place is now giving away cookbooks! Every month two lucky eNewsletter subscribers will win a free cookbook! Congratulations to the first two winners:
- Linda A. from St. Louis, MO wins Braise by Daniel Boulud.
- Fred G. from Boulder, CO wins My Life in France by Julia Child.
(If you would also like to be eligible to win a free cookbook each month, and aren't already signed up to receive Sally's eNewsletter, via email, you can do so here.)
Christopher Bean is introducing three delicious new Flavored Coffees: Chocolate Decadence, a rich extra chocolaty blend with the name chosen in a landslide vote by our customers; Jazzy Java, an awesome pecan praline and rum coffee with a hint of cinnamon; and Bananas Foster, with the taste of the famous flaming banana liqueur dessert served over vanilla ice cream. Christopher Bean Coffee Company now offers 30 Fantastic Flavors in regular or decaf, whole bean or ground. Visit our website and taste the difference of our fresh roasted coffee house selections. Order before July 25 and save $5.00 if you enter this coupon code at checkout: new707. To Order Visit: www.christopherbean.com
New Recipe: Sally posts her favorite Cranberry Fruit Nut Bread recipe. Don't miss this delicious quick bread made in a loaf pan.
New Chocolate Article: Make Mine Chocolate contributor Stephanie Zonis shares A Primer on Fine Chocolates that includes a recipe for Wendy’s Honey-Chocolate Sauce and Stephanie’s Chocolate Find of the Month is Capogiro Gelato Artisans in Philadelphia.
New Cooking School Article: Italian Cooking Schools: Lessons from La Cucina There's nothing like combining business with pleasure. Jennie Schacht shows you where to go in Italy to get the most wonderful views and recipes.
New Food Article: Anne Willan, leading authority on the cooking of France and its culinary history, cookbook author and La Varenne founder, brings us Pig Paradise in St. Aubin sur Yonne, France. Anne shares recipes for Side Dish Sauerkraut & Main Dish Sauerkraut.
New Food Article: Food for a Mountain Man Sam moves from downtown Philadelphia to the mountains of northwest Montana and Mom Betty Fussell shares recipes for Sam's Chicken Soup and Sam's Chili.
New Restaurant Reviews...
- South Beach/Miami Beach Restaurants by Floridian Pamela Robin Brandt, who shares many of the "hot" spots with us.
- Rhode Island, Restaurants by Linda Beaulieu includes 40 spots all over the state, including Providence, Newport, and Pawtucket.
- Healdsburg, California, Restaurants by Robin Barr Sussman showcases this small town in Sonoma County. Their thriving, hospitable Healdsburg Plaza remains one of the few examples of early California town planning in existence today and Robin's 32 restaurants prove that a lot goes on in this small town surrounded by Northern California wineries.
- Queens, New York Restaurants. Native I Wang arranges them in order of the subway stops from Manhattan for your traveling convenience. Choices span ethnic cuisine from Indian, Chinese, Thai, Italian, Vietnamese, and Greek to an ice cream parlor and Chinese bakery.
- Dallas Metroplex Restaurants by Robin Barr Sussman covers over 40 spots in the ever-changing Dallas restaurant scene. From Mexican food to seafood to steak houses, Dallas has it all.
- Santa Cruz, California, Restaurants by Karen S. Petersen showcases 22 restaurants covering the Santa Cruz Wharf & Beach Street, Downtown Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz Eastside and the Santa Cruz Harbor.
- Marin County, California's Top Fifty Favorite Places to Eat by Karen Leland. Just north of San Francisco across the Golden Gate Bridge, Marin boasts many wonderful choices.
New Coffee Article: Where Staying Awake Means Staying Alive Many United States soldiers stationed in Iraq are currently facing shortages of caffeinated products and are seeking an easy solution to a state of fatigue.
New Spirits Article: Acquiring a Liquor License: A Tonic for The Philharmonic The behind the scene story of the licensing of the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles by Jon C. Mejia.
New Travel Articles...
- Wynn Las Vegas and Steve Wynn are Great Bets Monty & Sara Preiser rave about the rooms, staff, casino, and spa at the Wynn Las Vegas Hotel but especially the myriad of restaurants on the property. Expect to be dazzled!
- In Praise of the Old Course at St Andrews in Scotland Travel writer Keith Allan visits the Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort and Spa. The hotel sits on the hallowed 17th Road Hole and is one of the Leading Hotels of the World.
- A Scottish House Party at Kinnaird in Scotland "This is a lovely country house hotel in Perthshire, Scotland where we had a very interesting couple of nights," says travel writers and photographers Keith Allan & Lynne Gray.
- Weekending with the Kids: The Biltmore Hotel, Coral Gables (Miami), Florida by Elaine Sosa Labalme. Steven had fun at the pool, with the fluffy pillows on the beds and at the Cascade, the Biltmore's poolside eatery.
- Elaine Sosa Labalme shares her experiences as she travels with her son Steven and contributes What's New at Disney's Theme Parks. This article is perfect for those traveling to either California or Florida this summer.
Cafe Vivo is a coffee lovers club providing its members with on-demand roasted coffee. Coffee is roasted and shipped directly to customers AFTER each order, and is delivered in a few days for the freshest coffee possible. Coffee arrives truly fresh for superior taste. Members also receive delivery each month from beans around the world including Indonesia, Central and South America, Guatemala, Oaxaca, Sumatra, Ethiopia and Papua New Guinea, to name a few. CafeVivo roasts in San Diego, CA and provides a truly unique boutique membership for all coffee drinkers.
Full Bloom Tea: July is Hot! and Fullbloomtea.com has gourmet blooming iced tea sets that will put out the fire. Perfect for cooling off, BBQ's or sipping while sun tanning.
Flowers by Pinky Lavandula: Head on over to this flower blog with rants, raves, and interesting bits on all the flowers in our lives.
Destination360 recently launched a Las Vegas Show Guide for Las Vegas visitors to read reviews, check for the latest shows, concerts, events, and book tickets. In more news they've added new virtual tours of the Bellagio Hotel and many other Las Vegas Hotels. Destination360 is your resource to planning the ultimate vacation in Las Vegas.
Split Bean Coffee is introducing a new product: Creamy Fudge, made using their own handmade marshmallows. Look for the following flavors: Espresso, Chocolate Pecan, Chocolate Walnut, Strawberry, White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate Rum and Milk Chocolate Macadamia. $12.95 for a 1/2 pound box.
American Beer Month; Baked Beans Month (National); Blueberry Month (National); Hot Dog Month (National); Ice Cream Month (National); and Peach Month. The fourth week of July is Salad Week (National).
July 1: Creative Ice Cream Flavor Day
July 4: Independence Day US - 4th of July & Sidewalk Egg Frying Day
July 6: National Fried Chicken Day
July 7: Chocolate Day; National Strawberry Sundae Day
July 9: National Sugar Cookie Day
July 12: National Pecan Pie Day
July 14: Bastille Day-France
July 15: Gummi Worm Day; National Ice Cream Day; National Tapioca Pudding Day
July 17: Peach Ice Cream Day (National)
July 18: National Ice Cream Day & National Caviar Day
July 19: National Raspberry Cake Day
July 20: National Lollipop Day
July 21: National Hot Dog Day; National Junk Food Day
July 23: National Vanilla Ice Cream Day
July 25: Culinarians Day
July 28: National Milk Chocolate Day
July 29: National Lasagna Day
July 30: National Cheesecake Day
Editor in Chief