Special Feature: Products Sally Recommends
June, 2009 eNewsletter
Sally's Place Specials
- Ashley Ashoff Scarves
- An American in Paris fashion designer, Ashley Ashoff, is offering 20% off her beautiful silk scarves, which are featured in the top boutiques in Paris. An Ashley Ashoff scarf is a fashion investment that never goes out of style. See her behind the scenes fashion shoot on youtube. To place an order, please e-mail Carrie Berrington at email@example.com and mention that you are a Sally's Place visitor.
- Since 1988 restaurateur Efisio Farris has represented his Sardinian Heritage in America with his restaurants Arcodoro & Pomodoro in Texas. He created GourmetSardinia, a line of artisanal Sardinian products, to share the flavors and the essence of this rustic and timeless island. Start a Sardinian pantry in your home today by visiting La Tienda
- 10% discount on authentic Spanish Food! Whether they are at a family gathering or joining with their neighbors for a local fiesta, the rich bounty of their land is the centerpiece of any Spanish celebration. And why not? Their beautiful country is overflowing with a vast array of foods that are the fruit of their country's diverse ecology. Use promo code SPMY9 for a 10% discount on all La Tienda products.
March-ing through Napa — Chapter One: Jon Rusciano visits Stag's Leap Winery, Stag's Leap Cellars, Spottswoode's Winery, and Shafer Vineyards.
Top Ten Things to Do in Santa Fe, New Mexico: Mary Bloch walks us through a town rich in Native American culture, from restaurants to art museums to parks, the opera and more.
On the Trail of Palladio in Italy: Keith Allan and Lynne Gray visit this city that hasn't changed much in the last five centuries and then on to Vicenza.
- Traveling to Farlam Hall in England in a Mazda RX8 where Keith Allan and Lynne Gray stay at Farlam Hall Hotel, Brompton, Cumbria while enjoying the twist and turns in their Mazda RX8.
Traveling with Kids
- Kid-Friendly Zones: Toronto, Canada by Elaine Sosa Labalme who, with seven year old Steven and husband Fen, hit the highlights of this cosmopolitan city.
- G.L. Mezzetta, Inc.
- America's number one producer of imported and domestic peppers and olives, is challenging sandwich lovers and amateur cooks across the country to submit their recipe for "The Best Sandwich Ever" in the Second Annual Mezzetta Make That Sandwich Contest. The Grand Prize winner will receive $25,000 and a culinary trip and tour of the Napa Valley, home to G.L. Mezzetta, while two runners-up will each win $1,000.
- Dave's Gourmet
- Dave's Gourmet has introduced a new, first of its kind pasta sauce. Dave's Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce is made with squash ripened in Oregon's Willamette Valley. Paired with fresh garlic, onions and roasted red pepper, the natural sweetness and delicate flavor of this sauce provides a delicious change of pace! Tortellini, Ravioli, and Lasagna never knew they could taste so great!
- Julia Baker Chocolates
- June is wedding season — don't forget your Julia Baker Confections 2-piece favors! They are cute, delicious and a great price!
Candy Month; National Dairy Month; National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month; National Iced Tea Month; Turkey Lovers Month; National Soul Food Month; National Steakhouse Month; and National Papaya Month.
June 1: Donut Day
June 2: National Rocky Road Day
June 3: Egg Day
June 4: Cheese Day
June 5: National Gingerbread Day
June 6: National Applesauce Cake Day
June 7: National Chocolate Ice Cream Day
June 8: National Jelly-Filled Doughnut Day
June 10: Iced Tea Day
June 12: National Peanut Butter Cookie Day
June 13: Kitchen Klutzes of America Day; National Lobster Day
June 16: National Fudge Day; Fresh Veggies Day
June 17: Eat Your Vegetables Day; Stewarts Root Beer Day
June 18: International Picnic Day
June 20: Ice Cream Soda Day; Vinegar Day
June 21: Father's Day; First Day of Summer
June 22: National Chocolate Éclair Day
June 23: National Pecan Sandies Day
June 25: National Catfish Day
June 26: National Chocolate Pudding Day
June 29: Waffle Iron Day